Tybee Arts Plein Air Painters!!
LOCATION: We will meet at Battery Park on Battery Drive, Tybee Island. Come and be prepared to work while the weather is cooler. Views of Cockspur and Sav River, as well as a picturesque brick wall, iron gate, pathways. Palm trees, still some hurricane damage but safe to paint.
DIRECTIONS: Take Highway 80, go just 1 mile EAST of Lazaretto Bridge (toward Tybee)
Turn onto Battery Dr. Battery Drive is directly opposite The Crab Shack sign and Catalina Rd/Spanish Hammock.
FYI : Ample FREE Parking! Canceled if the weather is inclement, of course. Guests are always welcome.
Lunch (or bring your own) after at Crab Shack
- Bring layers of clothing for the cool morning air but be ready for it to warm up as the day progresses.
- Bring LOTS of WATER and SUNSCREEN. There is some shade but not everywhere
- Bring a HAT to keep off glare which distorts colors & to protect you from the sun
- Bring BUG SPRAY
- Reference photos are handy so bring a camera if you want to
- Bring plastic bag for trash and take it when you leave
CONTACT: Beth Hegeman -- Call or text me if you have questions 859.229.5912. See you there!
Bring a friend!
Tybee Arts Plein Air Painters TAPAP (tybeearts.org)
If someone wants to buy a painting off your easel at the beach, you must not sell on the beach. Give the buyer your card and do business elsewhere.
Do not set up on sidewalks
Do not cause any disruptions in parks for people who are enjoying the park