2018 Tybee Art Association
- Kim Trammell – President
- Mallory Pearce – Vice President
- Howard Bowden – Treasurer
- Karen Veal – Secretary
- Mary Dahlin – Education Chair
- Frances Strickland – Hospitality Chair
- Karen Penick – Volunteer Chair
- Kim Trammell – Theater Chair
- – Special Events
- Sarah Parson – Publicity Chair
- Alfie Wace – Membership Chair
- Marianne Bramble – Arts Chair
Incorporated in 1996, the Tybee Arts Association is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization chartered to develop and sustain interest, appreciation and enjoyment of the arts in Chatham County, Georgia, including two- and three-dimensional visual art, music, drama, dance, design, architecture, film, creative play and culinary art by:
- Sponsoring arts exhibits and performances for the education and enjoyment of the citizens of Chatham County and all visitors to the area.
- Offering educational programs for children and adults who are interested in learning or perfecting artistic endeavors.
- Providing scholarships, grants, prizes and other assistance to outstanding Chatham County students in their continuing art education.
- Working with other community organizations to use the talents of the Association membership in community development efforts.
In support of these charter elements, TAA has several different methods of bringing the arts into people’s lives, including TAPS, the Tybee Arts Performing Society, which produces several plays each year; art shows/sales, which are held about every other month; theatre workshops for adults and children; and a variety of art classes, which are taught by local artists.
The Association is always in search of good ideas and volunteers. Let us know by attending a meeting, calling our phone number, sending us mail, or contacting one of us. TAA board meeting minutes are on file with The City of Tybee.
Membership in the Association is open to the public by application and payment of annual dues.